I began with a 6X6 canvas. I love making cards and tags, but a canvas is more sturdy for display purposes. Using several of Tim's stencils, I applied embossing paste, letting it dry over night.
The next day I inked using Distress Inks, drying with heat gun. Then stamping with various patriotic text stamps, using watering can archival ink.
Meanwhile, using Tim's steel alterations dies, I cut out a flag and stars and painted with distress paints. The 'stars' on the flag were spritzed on with a picket fence distress marker.
I stamped Lady Liberty and them embossed her with cement embossing powder. I wanted to add a small tinge of green to my lady, and after trying several methods I used an evergreen bough distress pen swiped on my craft mat, diluted with a little spritz of water and brushed on. For her face, I used distress inks again, mixed on craft sheet with water and brushed on. For her torch, I alcohol-inked a crown and turned it upside down. I cut out 'flames' from mirror paper that I inked again with alcohol ink. I found red, white and blue ribbon in my stash, which I inked with antique linen to tone down the white and tied it through a ring I added to the 'torch'.
I hand cut the tag for the title and cut the corners with a corner chomper. Then inked and distressed the tag and the edges. After drying, I glued tim's letters on to spell 'liberty'. I used a spritzer with a distress marker to add a little more accent to the label.
For assembly, I used foam tape, glossy accents, a glue stick and double-sided red-lined tape. Whew! Done!
The hardest part was posting this! The first time I accidently deleted everything! My learning curve!