CC3Challenge #5 Watercolor Distress Marker .. a special thanks to Inspiration Emporium for hosting Challenge #5 and to Linda Ledbetter for hosting the challenge on her blog.
My project for this round is a card. For the background I used a technique I learned from Wendy Vecchi's blog. I began with specialty stamping paper cut to 4X5” On a craft sheet, I put a drop of dandelion reinker and a drop of geranium archival reinker, pouring a small puddle of rubbing alcohol next. I mixed each color separately with the rubbing alcohol. Then I took the cut piece of specialty stamping paper and dredged it though the reinker mix. Dry with heat tool.
While I had the two reinker colors are out, I put a few dots of each on the craft sheet, some more alcohol and took approximately 12 inches of crinkle ribbon and dredged it through the liquid on the craft mat, scrunch it into a ball and let dry.
I prepared my background by layering stencils using archival ink and stamps.
I stamped a rose using tree branch archival ink and leaf green archival ink. After these inks are dry, it is safe to paint on them with the distress markers and water mixture. Then using several shades of distress markers, I swiped each on a craft sheet and spritzed with water mister. Using a paintbrush, I colored the rose with shades of antique linen, spiced marmalade, and then the stem with leaf green. After the rose is dry, fussy cut. Lift up the rose by using foam tape.
If ribbon is dry, cut a 5 inch piece and place across front of card, make a bow with the remainder of the ribbon.
Stamp a sentiment on the front of the card.
I cut red cardstock to 4-1/4x5-1/2 inches, scored and folded. I used red-lined tape to adhere the finished piece of specialty stamping paper to the front of the red card.
Hope you enjoy!